Monday, May 20, 2013

Reflection and a new chapter

Several years ago, a 20yr old girl was drowning herself in wedding magazines and crunching budgets, losing sleep and daydreaming about walking down that aisle. That girl was me, OCD as ever and taking everything to heart and worrying over the details. Someone walked to me and said "Enjoy life, everything is about to fly by so quickly, you won't believe it. Slow down, pay attention, breathe."

Let's zip forward. LIFE IS SPIRALING FULL SPEED AHEAD! I blinked from sitting in that two bedroom apartment, newly engaged and I am now managing a house with my kick-ass sidekick husband. We're navigating leaky water faucets, a dog that I swear is on drugs, two little girls that look just like him, a mortgage, crap economy, full-time jobs and well.. life! A couple years ago is when I told myself, "Ashley, you really will forget these times. The sleepless nights, the heart aches, irrational fears, prayers and silly toddler chit-chats." I knew I needed to start writing down these things. I knew I would appreciate them as time has passed. It's just sticking to it was the problem.

Let's move forward again. Today, April 2013. I have been jotting entries here and there for some time when I think about it, but lately life has changed, God has decided we need a new curveball.
We have a sassy, sweeter than ever 4 year old that is growing before our eyes. Madelynne Marie. She is our light, hilarious little mini me.

Annabelle is her little-terrorist, I mean, baby sister that loves to do anything that big sissy is into. Annabelle was recently (finally) diagnosed with EoE, Eosinophilic Esophagitis. March 28, 2013; life as we knew it took a drastic change. The life we new ended and we began a completely new chapter. That's not to say it is all terrible (many aspects do, suck), but it's just to be our new, different. We are learning to live life differently than we ever have and as a family we will absolutely make the most of this new adventure as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment